by Matthew on Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Sometimes the accessories make the costume.
Can you imagine Thor without his hammer? Santa Claus without his fluffy white beard? Or Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz without her red ruby slippers? These characters — and many others — rely on accessories to tell their unique and entertaining stories.
No one wants Halloween day to roll around and have no one recognize their costume because they failed to use all the right parts. However, it’s also disappointing to buy an item that you can only use one time.
In order to make the most of your Halloween costume accessories, try going for options that you can wear with other costumes, outfits, and a variety of year-round events. The following infographic outlines 10 different types of accessories that you can take advantage of all year long.
by Matthew on Thursday, October 13th, 2016
Need some costume theme ideas for Halloween? Check out our Couples Costumes for a huge list of suggestions.
Find funny, scary, classic costume themes, and much more. You’ll have double the fun pairing up with a friend!
by Matthew on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016
Are you tired of seeing everyone wear the same Halloween costumes year after year?
A good deal of people stick to something that has been done time and time again, but that doesn’t have to be you! This year, choose something recognizable from pop culture to have a standout Halloween costume.
Most years, the best Halloween costumes are the ones that are the most relevant and relatable. So far in 2016, there have been a lot of things that you can reference as you dress up for Halloween. How will you ever choose what to be?
When deciding on a costume, most people like to dress up as something that portrays their personality, or maybe as a particular character they enjoy. You can start brainstorming costume ideas by thinking of things that have been popular or have gone viral this year. What feels right for you?
If you’re still stuck, we’ve created a quiz to help you. Take it to see what your 2016 Halloween costume is:
by Matthew on Thursday, September 29th, 2016
Sometimes, a Halloween costume is simply meant to be.
Most of us have seen someone decked out in their Halloween costume and have it look SO good that you know they were just made for it. The only problem is, it can be super tricky to actually figure out what you can wear that will look just as fantastic (if not better).
Halloween gives us a great excuse to show off sides of our personality that we usually keep out of the light. Whether that alternate character is scary, eccentric, or even sexy, once you find the right fit you’ll know it.
Or maybe you want to accentuate a side of yourself that everyone knows well. Going big and bold around Halloween time is pretty much the norm. Whichever direction you decide to go with, sometimes a little outside help can make it easier to settle on a costume choice.
Take Costume Craze’s “Which Halloween Costume Are You” quiz to get started:
by Matthew on Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
It’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing colors, the air is getting cooler, you’ve started craving apple cider and pumpkin pie, and it’s time to start thinking about what the kids are going to dress up as for Halloween.
It can be hard to think of a new costume for the little ones to wear but even harder to dream up something for yourself to wear! Where do you even start? Luckily for you, there’s the Costume Ideas from A-Z poem that will give you plenty of fun ideas for the whole family! It can even be used as a Halloween time story to tell your kids!
- A is for Avengers, assembling brave: If you and your family are Marvel fans and love superheroes and action-packed fun, try dressing up as the Avengers. Nothing is cuter than the kids running around pretending to save the day! And mom and dad can join in on the fun as well!
- H is for Harry, he always knows spells: For a magical Halloween, dress up as Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron and Dumbledore. Get the school robes, the magic wands and fly off on your broomsticks for the golden snitch! If there’s a baby in the group, little Harry is a perfect costume for their first Halloween.
- L is for Looney Tunes, laughing out loud: If you want to go classic and your family loves cartoons, the Looney Tunes are perfect. With Bugs Bunny and the gang, there are plenty of characters to go around.
- V is for Vader, he’s strong in the force: Nothing has a wider range of fans than Star Wars. With all the new movies coming out, this is a popular choice! Dad and Mom can be Luke SkyWalker and Princess Leia while the kids can be stormtroopers and Darth Vader.
- R is for Robin Hood, he likes to steal: If you have a family of adventurers dressing up as Robin Hood and the gang is perfect. Plus the kids would like the fun of having a bow and arrow.
- Z is for Zombie, look out behind you!: Do you love being scary? No problem! Grab the whole family and dress up like zombies Perfect for those that like to jump out and scare people!
Need more ideas of what to dress your family up as? Check out the infographic below for all the fun costume ideas you can think of!
Read the rest of this entry »